GREAT STORE-CUPBOARD FINDS No. 1

The first of an occasional series highlighting my favourite ingredients and interesting foodie finds.

No. 1 Maggi Coconut Milk Powder
I usually use tinned coconut milk for curries and other recipes which call for this, but one day, while browsing the "special section" of my local Tesco (a store which I detest, but use because it is ultra local), I found this coconut milk powder. It's a really useful thing to have in the cupboard, for those occasions when I'm wondering what to cook for dinner and I think "ooh yes, I'll make a south Indian curry" (see previous post), and it can be used for both savoury and sweet dishes.

Follow the instructions on the packet to make up coconut milk or cream of coconut, or just pour the powder straight into the dish.

Comments

  1. hi, first time visiting ur blog, and fell in love with it straight away.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

OTTOLENGHI'S YOGHURT SAUCE

MONDAY SUPPER: NORTH AFRICAN LAMB WITH CHILLI, GINGER & CHICKPEAS

BENEDICT BARS